Moving can be stressful so we've put together a few helpful tips that will prepare you for your moving day.
- Make sure everything is completely packed before the movers arrive.
- Make sure all valuables are with you or packed away. Examples: computers, jewelry, purses and wallets.
- Pack an overnight bag containing all of your essentials.
- Arrive to your new home before the move and pre-clean the bathroom and kitchen.
- Change your address, utilities and cable to new address.
- Keep baggies handy for holding any small parts of things you have to take apart such as curtain rods or mounted flat screen TVs.
- Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.
- If you're renting, take photos of your cleaned-out old home and your new home before moving in.
Arrange for a charity organization to come pick up the items you do not want at least a week prior or arrange for us to donate to Goodwill.
Request a "Food Donation Box", fill with unwanted food, and request us to donate it to the Food Bank of Abilene.